The Invisalign clear braces system has become one of the most popular cosmetic dental treatments. Invisalign has become known as the modern solution for people who need to straighten their teeth. To be sure, there are many benefits to using it.
However, Invisalign is not for everyone. Our office understands that each patient is unique and will have his or her own needs and preferences when it comes to cosmetic dental treatment.
If Invisalign is not right for you, rest assured, we will find a suitable treatment for you that will straighten your teeth and create a smile you will love.
Why Invisalign May Not Be Right For You
Though there are many reasons to choose Invisalign, there are also reasons it may not be the best choice for an individual. These include:
- Invisalign is more expensive than traditional braces or other treatments. For adults who are on a budget, for families, or for people who simply do not want to invest a significant amount of money into a cosmetic procedure, Invisalign may simply be out of their price range.
- Invisalign is not a good treatment option for children. In order for Invisalign to be effective, the patient must follow his or her treatment plan closely, wearing the aligners at least 22 hours per day. Most children simply are not ready for that responsibility.
- Depending on your individual case, you may not be a good candidate for Invisalign. During your consultation, we’ll let you know whether Invisalign is likely to work for you.
- If you are an adult who would prefer an orthodontic treatment you don’t have to think about, Invisalign is not for you. Patients who wear Invisalign must remember to wear them at all times when they are not eating or brushing and flossing. Some patients find that traditional braces, which cannot be removed, give them the freedom to not have to worry about their treatment. Others find that a method outside of braces and Invisalign will best suit their needs.
Options Other Than Invisalign
You certainly are not limited to choosing Invisalign if you want to straighten teeth that are crooked, gapped, or crowded. Here are some other options that may be better for you.
- Traditional braces: For many people who have crooked teeth, traditional braces are an ideal treatment option. Metal brackets are attached to the teeth and joined by a metal wire that will pull the teeth into their proper locations. Metal braces do not carry the same responsibilities as Invisalign because they cannot be removed by the patient, a feature many patients find to be beneficial.
- Orthodontic appliances: Depending on the movement necessary to correct your smile, we may be able to provide you with an orthodontic appliance that will straighten your teeth without the full-on expense of Invisalign or metal braces.
- Porcelain veneers: Some patients want straighter smiles, but they don’t want to suffer through the discomfort, inconvenience, and time commitment associated with orthodontic treatment. For these patients, porcelain veneers may be an excellent option. Porcelain veneers disguise crooked teeth rather than straightening them. Thin layers of translucent porcelain are attached to the fronts of the crooked teeth, giving the appearance of a perfectly straight time. Veneers enable patients to choose exactly how their smiles will look after treatment, which makes them an attractive choice. This cosmetic treatment can last a decade or more with good care.
At Fixari Family Dental, we aim to provide patients with the right treatments that will match their preferences and lifestyles. If Invisalign is not right for you, we can find a treatment that is.
Contact our office (located in Columbus and Canal Winchester) to schedule your consultation with Dr. Shayne Fixari or any of our other exceptional cosmetic dentists to discuss your options for correcting your crooked teeth.