If you’re wondering whether there are differences between CEREC® crowns and veneers, you’ve come to the right place!
We would like to discuss some of the fundamental differences between the two, and also highlight some reasons why patients receive dental crowns versus porcelain veneers.
Are There Differences Between Veneers and CEREC Crowns?
Crowns and veneers have several similarities, and can achieve some of the same results for patient’s smiles.
- This is especially true when it comes to the natural-looking, long-lasting results that CEREC crowns and porcelain veneers produce.
- Also, the CEREC technology and the veneers procedure are both minimally invasive procedures.
However, there is a fundamental difference between crowns and veneers.
- The crowns procedure is typically chosen and utilized when a patient’s tooth suffers from decay. When a tooth is decayed, we have less tooth structure in which to fix the natural tooth. Therefore, crowns are placed to fix the decayed tooth.
- On the other hand, dental veneers require very minimal adaptations to the tooth structure. They are chosen when patients want to revitalize their smile by improving the aesthetics of their teeth (color and shape). Therefore, veneers are typically the recommended service when patients are merely worried about the appearance of their smile, versus getting rid of decay and repairing a tooth with a dental crown.
CEREC stands for Chair-side Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics. Fixari Family Dental utilizes CEREC technology to create crowns, inlays, and onlays in one office visit.
- By utilizing the CEREC technology, patients do not have to get fillings or crowns since their new crown is crafted in one office visit. This incredible fact often saves the patient money and time.
- CEREC technology allows us to create your new dental crown within approximately one hour!
- With the CEREC design technology, we are able to pay attention to the critical details, such as the shape, length, color, and bite. All of these characteristics are important for creating a flawless, healthy smile.
Dental veneers are a popular cosmetic dentistry option for many patients, especially for those who want a “Hollywood smile.”
- The veneers procedure focuses on improving the aesthetics of a patient’s smile, rather than fixing decay.
- Porcelain veneers can fix chipped, cracked, slightly misaligned, and broken teeth.
- The porcelain material is natural-looking and long-lasting, too.
As you can see, there are several similarities and differences when it comes to CEREC crowns and veneers.
If you are interested in either service, we will help you further understand your options, and also help you decide which is the best for you.
So if you live in the Columbus, OH area, you can schedule your consultation with us. We look forward to creating your healthy, dream smile!