In addition to our own website, there are other sites that provide interesting and helpful dental information. Because we are committed to improving the oral healthcare knowledge of our patients, we are providing the following selection of links to other sites you might find interesting and informative. We have grouped some of the links into various categories to provide quick access to the topics of greatest interest to you.
If you have a suggestion for a new link, please send us an email, as we are always looking for good resources to pass along to our valued patients and visitors to our website. We hope you find these sites helpful!
General Dental Websites
The following links provide some good general information on dentistry:
- Academy of General Dentistry: The AGD’s consumer information section provides information on more than 50 oral dental health topics.
- American Dental Association: Provides information for the general publicincluding dental care articles, dental insurance information, and information for students interested in dentistry.
- Glossary of Dental Terms: American Dental Association’s comprehensive reference provides a glossary of dental terms as they relate to the public.
Here are some fun and entertaining dental-related sites for children (and parents):
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry: Provides excellent pediatric dentistry information for parents with young children.
- Colgate Kids World: Colgate Kids World provides a safe, fun, and educational online world for kids to play games while learning about good oral care. At Colgate Kids World you will find online videos with Dr. Rabbit, a Brush Chart, and many fun games for all ages.
- Crest Kids: Learn how to get your kids interested in learning about dental health, gum disease, and cavities. Includes tips for tykes, parent’s guide, product information, and games.
- Kids Health: The largest and most visited site on the Web, providing doctor-approved health information about children from before birth through adolescence. Sections are for parents, teens, and kids.
- Kids Healthworks: Free parenting resources, child safety tips, child health questions, and more. This is the parenting resource site for the broadcast television series Kids Healthworks developed in conjunction with the American Academy of Pediatrics and currently airing on Discovery Health Channel.
- American Dental Hygienists’ Association: Covers a wide variety of dental topics. Particularly beneficial is the online newsletter, which features an oral health FAQ section and an online quiz.
- Colgate: Trusted resource for dental health information and oral care products.
- Crest: One of the world’s most trusted brands in dental products.
- Oral-B: Oral-B developed this learning center for dental health education to promote oral care habits that are essential to the lifelong health of teeth and gums. The site includes information and advice for children, adults, and dental health teachers.
- Sonicare: Learn how the Sonicare toothbrush creates an indescribable clean feeling, the benefits you can expect. You can even take a factory tour here!
Periodontal (Gum) Disease & Implants
- American Academy of Periodontology: Frequently asked questions about periodontal (gum) disease and implants compiled by the American Academy of Periodontology.
- Zoom!®: The Zoom! In-Office Whitening System uses proprietary technology to whiten your teeth an average of eight shades in about one hour, while you relax at your dentist’s office. Zoom! teeth whitening is a popular procedure on ABC’s reality television show Extreme Makeover.
- Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids: Working to expose big tobacco’s lies, the campaign reveals the truth about the deadly effects of smoking, tobacco’s corporate public relations campaigns to convince the public that it is a reformed industry, and the advertising and marketing tactics tobacco companies use to entice youth as their new customers.
- QuitAssist: Site providing expert information on quitting smoking.
- HealthScout: Consumer health news, information and resources updated daily. Features include mini-checkups, health library, medical search, and more.
- WebMD: The world’s leading source for trustworthy and timely health and medical news and information. Providing credible health information, supportive community, and educational services by blending award-winning expertise in content, community services, expert commentary, and medical review.
Other sites of interest on the Web
- Beyond Fear (Dental Phobia Self Help): Clear and concise information on how you can overcome dental anxiety.
- Healthy Smiles 2010: A program with a goal to combat America’s Oral Health Epidemic by improving the oral health of more than 50 million American children and their families by the year 2010.
- Healthy People 2010: Provides a framework for prevention for the nation. It is a statement of national health objectives designed to identify the most significant, preventable threats to health and to establish national goals to reduce these threats.
- National Museum of Dentistry: The museum, a Smithsonian Institution Affiliate, is a lively national center where visitors learn the importance of a healthy smile and are fascinated by the rich history of dentistry.
- Operation Smile: A non-profit volunteer medical services organization providing reconstructive surgery and related health care to indigent children and young adults in developing countries and the United States. Operation Smile provides education and training around the world to physicians and other health care professionals to achieve long-term self-sufficiency.
- Oral Health America: A non-profit organization whose goal is to increase public awareness of oral health’s importance to total health.